Pause at the cliff edge or by a tree, at the kitchen sink or as you cross an empty room...
- Notice exactly how you place your feet and adjust your weight, how you lean forward or rock back.
- Notice how your gaze travels – what catches your interest, what you hear, where your body is tense.
- Notice when your attention is turned inwards and when it’s ‘out there’. Can you pay attention to both at the same time?
- Notice when you’re ready to move on – is that a thought (I need to get on) or is it an impulse in your body?
- If you are standing or sitting ‘still’ notice all the small movements your body makes. Make them bigger or faster or tighter.